About Me

My photo
Hi. I'm Rodd. I am: husband of one; father of two; son; brother; co-worker; friend; child of God. This is a new endeavor for me. Here, I'll be sharing my thoughts and ideas, interests and passions. Whatever I'll write, I'll seek to give glory to the Highest. Come along for the ride!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Youth and Technology

Dominic Nahr / Magnum for TIME
I recently read an article in TIME magazine entitled, Why There's No Turning Back In The Middle East by Fareed Zakaria. The article discusses the recent revolutions and protests taking place in the Middle East in an attempt to overthrow the corrupted regimes of their societies. The article describes how youth and technology have played a vital part of the success of these protests and that a large part of the population is under the age of 30. 

This got me to thinking about youth and technology in the church. How are we leveraging both youth and technologies in our churches today? The youth of today is the church of tomorrow. The technologies we provide to them today will be the foundations of the technology they use in the future. I wonder if the church is largely ignoring our youth and their potential?

I believe that the youth of today not only are the church of tomorrow, but, they are also a part of the church here and now. They have something to offer now. We need to mentor them and be a part of their lives. We need to give them the training and resources they need to be good leaders, not only today, but equip them to handle what's to come and the changes that will occur as a result of their influence.  

Take some time to get to know some of the youth around you. Maybe you'll learn something. I'm sure they know more about technology than you or I do. Maybe they have some insights on following Jesus that we aren't aware of either. 

1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts Rodd. Sounds like you need a student or two on your web design team...

    ReplyDelete