About Me

My photo
Hi. I'm Rodd. I am: husband of one; father of two; son; brother; co-worker; friend; child of God. This is a new endeavor for me. Here, I'll be sharing my thoughts and ideas, interests and passions. Whatever I'll write, I'll seek to give glory to the Highest. Come along for the ride!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Service

Hall Photography
Our small group has been talking for quite some time on how to live out our faith on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis! We've done a few service projects in the past. Things like painting a house, refinishing a deck and helping with Habitat for Humanity. We've given to charities and helped at the soup kitchen. But, it seems that we've had ups and downs in our efforts to sustain this. We've recently begun talking about it again and feel we need to get serious about being more consistent and obedient in this area of our faith.

For some reason, it seems easier to carry this out in the summer. There seems to be an abundant amount of things to do and work on when it's warm outside. But, Jesus didn't call us to serve in the summer only. We're looking at things we can do now, in the winter. Things that can be of benefit to others. We want to bless others in the name of Christ. We want to be obedient to our calling. 

So . . . where am I going with this? Basically, I'm just wondering what type of service projects are you involved in? How do you serve others? Do you have something that you do on a continual basis? Do you have ideas for service projects in our community? Do you know people in need that we may be able to help? We're looking for ideas. We're trying not to limit our vision. We're trying not to keep God in our safe little boxes. We're wanting to step out. So, give us a shout out with your suggestions. We'd love to hear them.

We'd love it if you joined us too . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment