About Me

My photo
Hi. I'm Rodd. I am: husband of one; father of two; son; brother; co-worker; friend; child of God. This is a new endeavor for me. Here, I'll be sharing my thoughts and ideas, interests and passions. Whatever I'll write, I'll seek to give glory to the Highest. Come along for the ride!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Driscoll

Mark Driscoll
Mark Driscoll is the founder and teaching pastor at Mars Hill in Seattle. He spoke at Catalyst West Coast last year. He's probably one of my favorite pastors to listen to. The group that went to #CatWest last year recently gave a little overview of the trip to some of our Pastors and Elders. As I was going through my notes, I was reminded of a couple of thoughts from Mark that had stood out to me. They are;

"For whatever reason, sometimes the things we want are not God's will for us." 

"If He has not opened an opportunity for you, it's because it's not good for you."

These two quotes resonate with me. It seems that whenever I perceive that there is a possibility for advancement in my career, the door is swiftly closed. I wonder if I've placed too much emphasis on my career and not enough on my calling. I'm wondering if the two can intertwine but at the moment, I feel they may be worlds apart. 

Maybe I'm not looking at it through the right lens though. Around the time I found out of my denial to interview for the "opportunity," a friend at work sent me an IM about coming to church. It was out of the blue. She specifically said she needed Jesus and wanted to come and check it out and was going to bring a friend.  

Maybe those worlds can intertwine. Maybe I'm figuring out what real opportunity looks like . . . 


1 comment:

  1. Praying you'll be able to make the most of every opportunity that comes your way.

    ReplyDelete