About Me

My photo
Hi. I'm Rodd. I am: husband of one; father of two; son; brother; co-worker; friend; child of God. This is a new endeavor for me. Here, I'll be sharing my thoughts and ideas, interests and passions. Whatever I'll write, I'll seek to give glory to the Highest. Come along for the ride!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Quote by the Pope

I recently read a quote in Time Magazine by Pope Benedict XVI saying, “I would like, then, to invite Christians . . . to join the network of relationships which the digital era has made possible.” This is part of a larger message for the 45th World Communications Day. It was released by the Vatican on January 24th of this year. I applaud him for his modern stance on this topic and the relevance it plays in our society.

I’ve been very interested in how social media can play a role, not only in the church, but in our efforts as Christians build relationships and to share the message of Christ. So many are “online” in this day and age and we need to determine how we can leverage the internet and social media as an effective tool for witnessing.

Our pastor spoke this week on taking what you’re passionate about and using it for the Kingdom. The Internet, digital communications and social media are all areas I’m passionate about and interested in utilizing for Kingdom work.

I’d like to explore this concept further but in the meantime, give me your thoughts on how you think this can be accomplished. Let me know how you’re using it; how your churches are using it (or not using it); how it can be leveraged for the Kingdom. I think we need to take advantage of these opportunities. What do you think?

1 comment: