About Me

My photo
Hi. I'm Rodd. I am: husband of one; father of two; son; brother; co-worker; friend; child of God. This is a new endeavor for me. Here, I'll be sharing my thoughts and ideas, interests and passions. Whatever I'll write, I'll seek to give glory to the Highest. Come along for the ride!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Application

Photo from www.northpoint.org
I listened to the first message of a new sermon series going on at North Point Community Church titled "Life Apps." I encourage you to check out this particular message from Andy Stanley here. One of the things that stood out to me that Andy said was this: "Believing is fine; intending to is fine; application and what you actually do is what makes all the difference!" 

This is something I've been contemplating in my own life. I've been trying to determine what my "application" should look like on a regular basis.  The opening scene from the video mentioned above is a montage of different "apps" one can download on their phone in an attempt to seemingly make our lives easier. The point was made though that none of these apps actually make us do anything. They may encourage us or assist us in something, but we actually have to decide to partake of that activity before it can be accomplished.

This correlates to our spiritual lives. There are "apps" to teach, train, equip, etc. But, if all we're doing is studying, believing, and intending to, then we may be missing our opportunities for application. Application not only in our own lives, but in others around us who need to know Christ.  Don't get me wrong; we need to continue to learn and refresh. But, we have to balance our input with output.

This is pretty easy for me to talk about but much harder to apply!

No comments:

Post a Comment