About Me

My photo
Hi. I'm Rodd. I am: husband of one; father of two; son; brother; co-worker; friend; child of God. This is a new endeavor for me. Here, I'll be sharing my thoughts and ideas, interests and passions. Whatever I'll write, I'll seek to give glory to the Highest. Come along for the ride!

Monday, May 2, 2011

Interaction

He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to all creation." That is the charge presented in the Gospel of Mark, Chapter 16, verse 15. 

Photo courtesy of www.parade.com
I recently read an article in Parade Magazine entitled; "2 EGGS, OVR EZ, HLD BCN." The premise of the article was about how some restaurants are allowing people to place their orders via text messaging. I was pleased to see that the article took a direction other than one I was expecting. At first, I thought that the article would detail advances in modern technology, but thankfully, it did not. Now I'm a huge techie nerd, but not everything should jump into the digital age.

This article went into detail about how human interaction is still necessary in our modern society. A subtle glance, an interesting fact, human emotion. These are all often forgotten in our crazy, online culture. It's easy to become isolated, even unaware. But, if we profess to be followers of Christ, we cannot isolate ourselves from the world. We must interact with and engage with it. We can proclaim Christ all day, online, from our homes, and there is a place for that. But, the world needs to see us living it out, in plain view. Maybe it's time we learn to go old school. That's the way Jesus did it.

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts! It's another one of those areas I really struggle with. I've become much more of a hermit in the past 6-7 years and it's not a good thing.

    Jesus said that people would know we're his disciples by the love we have for one another. It's truly hard to show that love in isolation.

    ReplyDelete