About Me

My photo
Hi. I'm Rodd. I am: husband of one; father of two; son; brother; co-worker; friend; child of God. This is a new endeavor for me. Here, I'll be sharing my thoughts and ideas, interests and passions. Whatever I'll write, I'll seek to give glory to the Highest. Come along for the ride!

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Who are you Online?

I recently read a great article by Dave Gibbons titled "Would Jesus Twitter?" He discusses Twitter and other online social networks such as Facebook, etc. and how we should be using these forms of communication to spread the message of Christ. I've been thinking along his lines of thought for a while now. Our current culture is immersed into the Internet. It seems to me that most people are online these days checking out cars, books, golf clubs, travel, other people, churches, etc. The items are endless. This got me to thinking about what sort of online identities we create. Do we use the Internet as a place to act out the imaginary or are we carrying out our faith online as well and sharing the Gospel of Christ? Don't get me wrong, these are all good things and we can take advantage of what the Internet has to offer but can we do more? Should we do more? Since being online is so prevalent in our society today, shouldn't we be exploring the possibilities of sharing our faith with our online communities? What is your online identity? What kind of online space are you creating? Would you invite the King into your chat room? Would you accept Him as your "friend?" He's ready to accept you as His!

1 comment:

  1. I gotta say it's cool to see you taking up this challenge...
    The world lives online, and as Christ's ambassadors we need to go there, too - in ways that make it clear who He is.

    ReplyDelete